Monday, April 20, 2009

The Robots of George Beker

As a kid with and interest in designing games, I would pore over BASIC code copying and pasting and remixing things into my own weirdo designs (which I still basically do.  I should really learn a proper language someday) .  In a a few of the programming books, there were wonderful, lively illustrations by George Beker.  Beker took the metaphor of a computer playing a game to it's logical end, an drew robots engaged in simulated activities.  The drawings are a lot of fun and remind me a little bit of the dozens of robot jokes from Futurama.  I wouldn't be surprised if the very nerdy writing staff of that show might have taken some inspiration from Beker's doodles.  Here are some of my favorites:
























1 comment:

Bekerblog said...

Well, it sure is nice to know that someone out there in the great beyond liked my stuff! Thanks for the honor.

Best!

George Beker
__________________________________
http://www.bekers.org

design by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP