Monday, April 13, 2009

Mike The Cat's Legal Defense Fund







Mike the Cat's Legal Defense Fund is a game where you play as an bitter cat who has been financially screwed over by a greedy internet website.  He has to burst into the headquarters and face a gauntlet of challenges to get his money back.  I was inspired to make this game after playing through the arcade kusoge Trio the Punch.  I started working on this for the selectbutton Bakedown 2009 competition, but never followed up on it.  It is made in Multimedia Fusion and the levels are actually not too difficult to make.  Mike can shoot lasers from his eyes, breathe fire, play the electric guitar, and turn into a ghost.  He uses these skills to solve puzzles within the game.  From a conceptual standpoint, I still need to decide how many overall levels the game will have.  I programmed a snakes and ladders style-backend thinking I was going to build a hundred levels, but I'm not sure I can come up with that many interesting ideas within the framework of the engine.


The theme you hear throughout the game is a remix I made of the CBS Storybreak theme song, which was one of my absolute favorite songs as a kid.  The sound effects are from freesound.org and sfxr.  I really need to set aside some time every week to continue working on this one because it's actually very fun to build for.

No comments:

design by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP